It’s nice to be able to view your gerber files before submitting them for production, and though you may have your own software platform that you love using, we’d like to suggest that you check out this free alternative for viewing your Gerber files: Gerbv – free gerber viewer.
- Gerbv is a viewer for Gerber RS-274X files, Excellon drill files, and CSV pick-and-place files.
- Gerbv is a native Linux application, and it runs on many common unix platforms. A Windows version is also available.
- Gerbv is free / open-source software.
- You may download the source code from this page.
- The core functionality of gerbv is located in a separate library (libgerbv), allowing developers to include Gerber parsing/editing/exporting/rendering into other programs. Documentation for libgerbv is here.
- Gerbv is one of the utilities affiliated with the gEDA project, an umbrella organization dedicated to producing free software tools for electronic design.